Blogging Guidelines

Here are some blogging guidelines to assist in making this blog a safe, fun and educational one. Please read and follow what is asked. I would like to thank Mrs Morris and Miss Jordan for kindly sharing these guidelines. You can follow their blog http://4kmand4kj.global2.vic.edu.au/

Please adhere to these blogging guidelines to ensure safety

Student Writer Guidelines

• The first names of students, and their writing MAY be included on the blog
  • Students’ surnames, addresses, email address, phone numbers, specific plans, date of birth and other personal information WILL NOT be included on the blog
  • Posts written by students will be checked by teachers before they are published on the blog
  • All comments have to be approved by teachers before they are included on the blog
  • Students will be encouraged to comment on other class/student blogs with teacher supervision
  • All students must have parental permission to have their photos appear on the blog

All Commentators Guidelines

• Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child.

For example identify yourself as:  “Jane – Jenny’s mum” rather than Jane Smith – Jenny’s mum.”

• All commentators must be polite, respectful and courteous at all times
  • The work of other people (images, music, videos, pictures) will not be used without permission or acknowledgment
  • Parents are asked to proofread comments made by students at home
  • All comments must be written in full sentences, this is a forum for appropriate language use, no text talk
  • All comments must be proof-read for spelling, punctuation and grammar before posting

28 thoughts on “Blogging Guidelines

1. We are looking forward to looking at your Blog as it develops. We aim to blog more regularly as the year progresses.

2. We are a Year 5 class from the South-West and have really enjoyed looking at your blog before we begin to create our own. It has really helped to inspire us and to give us lots of ideas for what to do as we become experts at blogging!

3. Helpful website. Thank you.
    this gave me a brilliant understanding of blogs and who made my clothes.

I ENJOYED READING YOUR BLOG

4. My Year 5 class are about to start blogging- your website is fantastic. How easy is it to keep it updated? Do you have specific children responding or can anybody comment?Miss Ufuoma

5. Mrs. Miller,
    I have created a generic email account that will be easy for the kids to remember. Thanks for the suggestions. Get ready for lots of comments because my students are so excited! Please let your students know that my students are fourth graders and brand new to blogging. They are not quite up to the standards of your amazing young ladies! Hopefully with lots of encouragement, my kiddos will get there!
    Mrs. K

6. Dear Mrs Kraeger

You don’t actually need to have a real email address, so in some instances teachers create a class gmail account with a generic name and all the students use the same address. So you could try that. Our students do not have email addresses for school either. We use the following firstname.surname@students.schoolname.nsw.edu.au which could be a real email address but actually does not go anywhere.

Hope that helps

7. Greetings from Georgia! My students have enjoyed checking out your class blog! They are eager to get started in commenting on your posts. One question: Is there a way to comment without email addresses? Our students don’t have email addresses. Any suggestions on how to handle this?
    Thanks a bunch!
    Mrs. K

8. Hi there year 5 , I must say that I realy enjoy your blog, I especialy enjoy your lion Leo I find him realy cute 😉

9. Hi, great blog. I am trying to find some people to quad blog and skype with next year and am wondering if you would be interested. Check out our class blog when you get a minute and let me know.

🙂
    Mr. Alvaro

10. I really like your blog, its easy to read and the blogs are interesting! How was the beach it looked like alot of fun? Your blog is very colourful. Well Done!

11. Dear Year5rc,

Thank you. What a fantastic blog.
    I am very interested in all the fantastic work you are doing. I am also getting lots of ideas for my own classroom. Thanks again.

Ms Woodward

12. I love your class blog. Great work. I think your slide presentations are fabulous and the kaleidoscope art works are lovely. Your work on electricity looked like lots of fun although I think that the butterfly would get very dizzy being spun around at such an enormous speed. Science is awesome! Keep up the great work.

13. In Scientist, I think all of those words describe
    us in Y5 splendidly. All of us Y5 girls have 1 or more of those quality in us. The teachers have identify the beauty in each girls in just 9 weeks.It is amazing to see all this quality emerged in term 1.

14. I really like Miss Tea’s class blog (Unusual name.) The cat moves when you click on it and if you click on more, you can feed the cat and there is one toy that you can play wth. Or you do is swing it around. Also, camp was really fun. Especially damper. (Even though I got some Golden Syrup run down my shirt.) It was so cool learning about Ned Kelly and Mad Max and how Ned Kelly use to dig a hole and bury his dampr and leave it for 3 weeks. We also now know that damper is only made with “Flour, Salt and Water.”

15. I liked camp it was so fun!! I liked the little movie Mrs. Miller made….. it was cool! 🙂
    i would say Miss Tea’s blog was the best!!

16. I have seen this cat which I like very much
    I think it would be nice to have one on
    our website.
    from Pippa