About

Hi, we are a two Year 5 classes in Sydney Australia. In total there are 49 of us and we are all girls. We all love different things to do in our spare time but one thing we all agree on is that blogging is fun.

27 thoughts on “About

1. Hi Year 4 in London!
    Thanks for visiting our class blog. We really enjoy blogging and think that you will too.
    When starting a new class blog you should:
    Include a Blogging Guidelines Page so commenters know how to comment and to leave a nice comment which keeps them safe on the internet. Respect your school’s blogging policy.
    Make sure you don’t give away any personal details. Also you will probably have the ability to edit comments, so make sure that the people who comment don’t give any personal details about themselves.
    Include an About me page – it is necessary to have an about me page so visitors who look on your blog know a bit more about you / your class
    Add a few widgets: (example) Clustrmap, Flag Counter, or a Class Pet. This can make your blog look more interesting and organised. But please don’t go crazy with cyber pets!
    Choose a theme that you like and don’t change it too often
    Post once to twice a week (regularly) and use categories and tags. Make your posts interesting – write about things you love!
    Add some media: pictures or videos – they will make your post much more interesting but be sure that you acknowledge where they come from and who owns them. Always check that you are allowed to publish images to your blog.
    We would recommend telling people about your blog so they visit and comment. You can also add a subscribe by email widget which means your visitor gets an email when you publish a new post. You should comment on other blogs and interact with other classes. That way you will get more visitors and comments on your blog.
    Once your have started we highly recommend that you sign up for the student blogging challenge on http://studentchallenge.edublogs.org/ you will learn lots about bloggging!
    We use the edublogs platform and highly recommend it for student bloggers.
    We wish you well at the start of your blogging adventure. Please visit us again and let us know your blog address so we can visit you too.

From the Year 5 students at year5rc

2. Hello Year 5,

We are a Year 4 class from a school in London and we are hoping to make our own class blog. We have found your blog really helpful. Do you have any tips for us?

3. hello i thought this was very helpful website because at first a had a faint idea about what a blog was and now i know so , thanks alot.

4. Hi–

My name is Lydia Schultz and I will be teaching Language Arts this year to 5th graders (10 and 11 year olds)at the Talmud Torah of St. Paul, a Jewish day school in Minnesota.

I am hoping to work with my class to have them post blog entries about what we are reading in class and what they are doing generally at school. Ideally, I would like them to have a wider audience to read what they write and comment on their work. In turn, I would like them to read what other students in the same grade write and to learn how to make constructive comments. I found your class blog while I was looking for different connections we might make globally.

Would you be interested in such a collaboration? I’m not necessarily looking for something intense–maybe something every week or two. Here is a link to the blog I have set up for the class (http://drschultz.edublogs.org/), but we don’t start school until next week, so I am the only one writing so far. If you would like to get a sense of our school, our website is http://www.ttsp.org/ (We are in the process of reworking our site, so it may occasionally be inaccessible.)

Let me know if you are interested. I can be reached at this email address:

lydia (dot) schultz (at) ttsp (at) org

Thanks, and I hope your year gets off to a good start.

Lydia Schultz
    Talmud Torah of St. Paul

5. Hi Year 5,
    Your blog looks great. Everything you are doing sounds really great. We especially enjoyed the camp video. We can’t wait until we start blogging too.

6. Hi everyone!
    Your blog looks really great! What are you fundraising for?
    Keep Blogging!
    Clara

7. Hi minpin

We have 46 students with two classrooms and two teachers, it is not so bad! The classrooms are big and we have plenty of room to work and learn at our desks or on the floor or in our computer room.

8. What is it like teaching 43 kids? We only have 12, and a tiny classroom. You must need a huge room to have 43! Are you the only teacher?

9. In Australia the very youngest classes have 20 – 22 pupils in them and most of the others have from 23 upwards. Actually 23 is a small class for us! Usually we would have 26 or 27 in year 5. I guess we get used to it and we do have nice big classrooms with plenty of space to work at desks or on the floor. We also have a computer pod a locker room and folding doors between the two year 5 classes.

10. Hi all,
    I can’t believe you have 23 kids in a class. This year the biggest class in our whole school has 17 kids. How do you live with so many kids? Isn’t it crowding? I should know about crowded, though. Our classroom is tiny, even though we only have 12 kids, its really crowded.

Keep blogging
    Catherine

11. Actually Madison and Kiani we are two classes and we have 23 students in each class which is still much bigger than 12 but not as big as you think.

12. Hi my name is Kiani and I’m in the 5th grade. I can’t believe that you have 43 kids in your class. I only have 12 and it will be 13 when one of the kids come from Russia in January.

-Kiani 5A

13. Wow, 43 students in one class! In my class we only have 12! It must be so interesting that so many different people can be together at the same time, you must never get bored! Is there only one teacher or multiple teachers?

Madison

14. Hi 5rc, thanks for popping into our blog and introducing yourselves. We are looking forward to seeing more of you and blogging with you.

Room 3 @ Otewa School, King Country, NZ

15. G’day Mrs Miller and students,
    Thanks for joining the student blogging challenge. I hope you enjoy the activities and make new friends by reading and commenting on student and class blogs from around the world.

16. hi
    It has been fun learning about electricity and I wish to learn more. I had learn’ t lots of things I did not know before like….. I didn’t know what a circuit. And I what to learn more about Mr Volter.

17. Thank you Hanita

We would be happy to blog with your students, we will soon have our own pages where will will post our own work.

Thank you

Mrs Miller

18. I love the new video! It brings back lots of memories… even though it was only last week! + that was my first time camping and it wont be my last