Healthy Harold

Year 5 was visited by Healthy Harold this week. We all had a lot of fun learning more about the dangers of smoking. It was interesting to learn more about how our body reacts to the toxins in cigarettes and how these can effect the our body. We learned some new vocabulary as well including trachea, alveoli, cilia and bronchial tube. Do you know what these terms mean? One of the things that really surprised us was that there are 4003 chemicals in each cigarette and more than 60 of these are proven to cause cancer. Amazingly is it estimated that 7.2 billion cigarette butts are still thrown into the Australian environment every year. Thank to Libby for a real fun and informative session.

12 thoughts on “Healthy Harold

1. HI!
    we are from year 5 to and we all love Harold he is a great example to show us how to be healthy and know all about what goes on in our bodies i think its great to see Harold.
    THANK YOU! for writing this Lovely BLOG.

Keavy and George

2. Hiya!!!
    Hope you all had a fantastic day and learnt lots of new facts.
    Did you go in something called the life caravan?

We do something called the life caravan and we used to have Harold when we were little.Now we learn about the dangers of smoking like you,we did it around in February 2018
    Thank you :Ben and Morgan

3. Hi there!
    Harold is a fun and healthy giraffe. The same lady came to us but unfortunately without Healthy Harold. We also learnt about the dangers of smoking. It can make your lungs go dark from when they are meant to be pink. I was also suprised that amazingly smoke has 4000 chemicals.

Thank you!!!!

4. Hi
    We are from year 5 and we absolutely love Harold too.
    How was your visit with Harold ?
    How were you feeling after you met Harold and what was it like?
    We loved when you talked about not using cigarettes.

ATAR and MEGAN

5. Healthy Harold is a good example for not smoking and learning about oregans 🙂

From Ethan & Lance

6. Hi Miss W,
    We are delighted that you have enjoyed our Year 5 blog. We would love our students to visit your blog too, so would be grateful if you could share your blog URL with us.
    Mrs F

7. Hi Mr A!

We are a year 5 class in a Brighton and Hove school in the United Kingdom and we’re starting to research blogs as part of our computing topic.

We’ve found your blog very interesting and useful for our topic. It’s great to see such a good example of a blog post to base our own entries on.

Thank you!
    Miss W (and class)

8. Hi year 5, I loved reading about your visit from Healthy Harold. I finished Primary school over a decade ago in Australia and I even had a visit from Healthy Harold. Wow.

9. I like how lade out your blog and I liked all the picturers to show what you have been up to

10. this was a very nice website and I like all of the pictuers you put up to show what you have been up to