Creative Writing

Year 5 has been developing their creative writing skills. As a recent home learning task we had to write a descriptive piece of writing in response to this image. The girls were asked to focus on the use of figurative language and well constructed sentences.

Here are just two of the wonderful samples of what the girls wrote in response.

Shafts of soft light from the dying sun reach towards the forest clearing. Their final light illuminates an emerald beech tree’s leaves, creating dappled patterns on the logs below. They dance upon the glistening waters of a turquoise pool lying below an enchanting waterfall. As its great water falls, the light captures it like a thousand diamonds glittering in the sun. The soft evening wind whispers as the forest’s trees wave contentedly. A sleek fox beginning its night time hunt dashes deeper into the forest, causing a leaf to float through the crisp air. When the sun disappears, this forest will fall under the reign of the full moon, transforming it into an intriguing new kingdom in which the animals will play. Written by Steph

I stepped in the big, beautiful forest. I could hear the birds chirping like they were singing a great harmonious duet with their partner. The calming sound of the waterfall would make anyone relax. The trees were as green as a fresh lime just picked off a tree. I wandered around this amazing piece of nature with the sunlight peaking through little tiny gaps in the trees. The air smelled like flowers mixed with the mountain air. Then I heard a little quiet tune coming from one of the trees like a shy person speaking up in-front of a large crowd. So I slowly ventured towards the peculiar sound. Written by Zina