Human Identity is Ever Evolving

Our first trandisciplinary theme for the year is “Who we Are” and our central idea is ‘Human Identity is Ever Evolving’. To help us engage in the unit we had a visit from Mrs James Franklin. Mrs Franklin appeared lost and upon questioning by the class we learned a lot about her. She had somehow been transported to us from the past, a time when women needed a chaperone to leave the house, when their place was in the home and their primary duty was to care for their husband and children and a time when it was not appropriate for them to comment on political issues. When our special visitor left us we took time to ask Mrs F some of the same questions that we had asked Mrs Franklin. It was interesting to see how things have changed over time. We look forward to learning more about how our identity is ever evolving. We wonder how our identity changes and if all the changes are for the best.

One thought on “Human Identity is Ever Evolving

1. Hi Year 5,

Your lesson on “Human Identity is Ever Evolving” sound really fun and interesting.

What sort of questions did you ask? There are many questions I might have asked Mrs Franklin if I were there.

I am looking forward to hearing more about your exciting topic.

From Grace (gracek23.edublogs.org)