Google Expeditions

Today Year 5 were fortunate enough to attend a Google Expedition where we got to try out 3D cardboard glasses that let you see all around the world with just a phone and some cardboard. We were one of the very first schools in Australia to have this opportunity.

During the expedition, we got to try out the glasses and look around the Lincoln Memorial, Mount Rushmore, Underwater at the Galapagos Islands and visit a cliff in California that takes 3-5 days to climb! For each of the places we visited there were some really interesting accompanying facts that we learned.

These are all wonderful places, that we would not have been able to visit if it was not for Google Expeditions. These expeditions are still in the Beta phase (developmental phase) and so are not yet available to the general public. We think they will really help us to learn more about the issues we are studying, especially as they roll out more and more of these wonderful expeditions.
The whole of Year 5 absolutely loved having the opportunity to be one of the first year groups to try these glasses and would love to try them again.
Written by Lara and Lexi

8 thoughts on “Google Expeditions

1. Hi! We are a Year 5/6 class from England. We really enjoyed reading your blog…we thought it was amazing and would have loved to have experienced that too! We thought it was really cool!

We would love to hear back from you!

Best wishes

Tamar Class

2. These are an amazing piece of kit, I would love for my class to be able to use them. Hope you had fun!

3. Cool I wish I could do that , it looks really fun and I really do hope you enjoyed it , by the way your blog looks great (-:

4. Hi Year 5,

This looks really interesting! I would have loved to have done it myself!
    Congrats of Lara and Lexi for writing this amazing post!